Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

DIY Gift Card

Today I bought a gift for a lovely 90 year old woman who I share my weekday home with. "Lola" Lille (she's not really my lola by blood), only does two things everyday. She re-arranges her stamp collection and does word search. For her birthday, I got her a nice large print word search book from Best Sellers in Robinsons Galleria (higher end bookstore of National Bookstore).

Photo from Rough Groove

I finished wrapping her gift when I realized that I forgot to buy a card! So I improvised using the remaining wrapping paper. Here's what I ended up doing.

I cut the little flowers from the extra wrapping paper. 
I stuck them together with double sided tape to form a rectangle at the upper left corner of the book.
I cut some strips of scrap paper I found lying around and created a border. Voila! Instant card! 

I then wrote my message on the flowers with a marker. Can you believe that it only took me 10 minutes to do it? It was so easy to do that I think I'll do this for future presents. Haha!




No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top