Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

1st Anniversary

Yesterday was our first anniversary, Chi and I. Yes, he asked me to be his girlfriend on 11.11.11. Cheesy? Of course!! I love cheesy (he HATES it but he does it for me). It was the sweetest "proposal" involving Hersheys kisses and I shall leave it at that.

For our anniversary, he gave me what I have been wanting for months now. Yes, MONTHS. If my blog started in July, I probably would have included "e-reader" in every Wednesday Wishlist post till last week. LOL! It was supposed to be a total surprise but he couldn't keep the secret for long because he was too excited (which I find so adorable). He ended up telling me a few weeks ago that he got me a KINDLE PAPERWHITE! I've only had it for a few hours now and I am already a happy camper :)

Kindle Paperwhite e-readerKindle Paperwhite e-reader
Kindle Paperwhite 3G: thinner than a pencil

The new Kindle Paperwhite is the perfect gift for guys and gals who love to read but hate reading from an LCD screen. This baby can hold more than a thousand books and has a built in light for those who like to read in bed. It's so portable, it can fit in my tiniest purse!  To me, it really feels like I'm reading a real book. I love it so much that I'm planning to read the whole Harry Potter series again on it. It feels like the right thing to do, sort of like a "christening" of my kindle. Haha! 

Chi not only got me the kindle but the power adapter and cover too! He really does think of everything. Of course, he had to get the cover in my favorite color, yellow. He admitted that he wanted to get me the black one but knew I'd love the yellow one more. And he was right! Yes, the black one is nice and sleek but really, how can I say no to the yellow cover? As my officemates said, "It's so you". IT IS! IT REALLY IS! Excuse the shout-y capitals but I'm just so happy hihi. 

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover (does not fit Kindle or Kindle Touch) Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover (does not fit Kindle or Kindle Touch)

As I said earlier, I already knew I was getting a kindle but somehow Chi managed to surprise me still. How? With the wrapping! He was giving hints last week that he'd put a really big bow on it. So here I was expecting some big bow right? Naturally. Haha! When the time came to give me my gift, he gave it this way. 


Honestly, I was disappointed but I tried to hide it. Haha! I was expecting a better bow because of all of his hints! After my "Awww thanks baby", he started laughing then flipped the box to show the other side. 


Then came the really genuine "Awwww" :) He designed the ribbon and had it made at Scribe in Eastwood Mall. We visited that store a few weeks ago and I mentioned how I liked their display of finished gift wrapped items. The boyfriend knows me well. Excuse the cheesy line but I really feel like one of the luckiest girls in the world. 

So that, along with our dinner at Impressions, was the highlight of my weekend. What was yours? 



All pictures are from Amazon and my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top